Do you know I'm still hopin' you will answer me- even when I look and you are not around

I'm sitting here reveling in having the house opened up, even though my allergies may make me pay- ragweed season is starting, and I know that's true because I itch everywhere. But it's 73 degrees out at 10 p.m. and it would be sacrilege to not take advantage of that. The Feline Assistants evidently agree since they are each lounging near a window (not the same window, of course).

I had a few moments of feeling less-than-compassionate today. I don't know if it's just being a little tired, if I was just having a grumpy day, or if I was just at my limit with a couple of patient and family situations. When I start feeling frustrated like that always think "I don't mean to be unkind", but I also find myself wondering where that boundary is between compassion and enabling/ being used. It can definitely be a fine line. I'll try to watch myself from a distance a little more tomorrow and figure out if it was just today or if I'm doing a minor compassion fatigue thing. Honestly, it could be both.

Oh, and my news item of choice today. Local/ regional, for a change, and why I still maintain that the one outdoor activity advantage that my former home of Boulder has over the Wasatch is road riding:
Crazy Jerk tries to run cyclists off the road
I'm willing to bet that the cyclist gave the driver a couple of choice words, which probably escalated the incident. But prosecuting this only as "aggravated assault"? This cycling princess calls bullshit. Trying to hit someone on a bike with your SUV deserves more punishment than that. The reality is that this is life-threatening behavior and has potentially fatal consequences. Shame on you, Summit County!

Happiness/Gratitude List, 6 August Edition:
  1. Waking up to a purring princess-kitty who was snuggled up next to me. Evidently I'm being richly rewarded for the replenishing with food she likes.
  2. Getting a wonderful, sincere, and unexpected compliment this afternoon from a work colleague. It made me smile.
  3. Friends who can help you troubleshoot difficult problems- and who make it fun to do so. Ann and Kristen were fabulous this afternoon!
  4. Supper with one of my very favorite friends. Sanity....balance....and delicious food....they are good things to have in life.
  5. This beautiful cool weather. I'm not feeling fall in it quite yet, but I suspect that's coming soon. And I look forward to it!


----------------
Now playing: The Gougers - Michael
via FoxyTunes