Ride a highway like the wind, Drink the good times down like sin

Sometimes the most amazing and wonderful things happen. Sure, they're small things but that makes them no less wonderful and amazing. It makes me think that maybe, just possibly, my prayers are being heard for guidance, wisdom, and a generous heart.

Happiness/Gratitude list, 28 August 2008 edition:
  1. Sleeping late this morning. I recognize that 8-something isn't late in most people's world. It was a lovely treat for the kittens and me and we fully took advantage of it.
  2. Working on my plans to play hooky tomorrow. It's the last day I can be out of pocket until late September and I fully plan to take advantage. I'm still working out the details of that; I would like to go up to Grandaddy Basin but I'm afraid it will be crazy going into the holiday weekend (unless I were to take a 6:30 a.m. start from here, which I don't want to do). Anyway, outdoor adventure is pending.
  3. Above alluded amazing and wonderful things. Three of them. It's days like this that help me keep my faith in the madness.
  4. Running into one of my favorite friends today. Pictures from our plans to follow (hopefully on Saturday).
  5. Day 4 of having the air conditioning off. It's 75 in the house right now, and it actually feels chilly. Come on Fall!


----------------
Now playing: Jack Ingram - Make A Wish (Coming Home Again)
via FoxyTunes