I'm sitting here hitting my head on my desk in frustration.
Our grant application that was due today? The one I lost hours of sleep over and poured my soul into?
There was a major submission glitch. Major. It is possible there is ONE more bailout that could work, though I'm not the person who could pull it off. One of my colleagues is likely going to try and I pray she is successful.
I am not, however, optimistic.
I probably need to go to choir just to get out and not be antisocial. I know I tend to isolate when I'm crabby.
And I'm crabby. And I'm probably going to isolate. And that's just how it's going to be.
I guess the "good" news is that when I was walking through the burn unit this afternoon I got hug-tackled by the 4-year-old little sister of one of our patients. I miss that about having kids, even other people's kids, around. That recklessness, that enthusiasm. I need some of that, both in terms of receiving it and having it in my life.