I'm wondering what in the world do I know about love

Do you remember where we were one year ago tonight?
Any recollection at all?

What if I told you that the day started with a phone call- you to me- asking me to come meet you that night?
I told you that was crazy-talk, as I often have.
When we hung up I actually looked at flights.
Then I told myself the whole concept was crazy-talk, that there was no way I was coming to see you.
You called back.
You told me to stop over-thinking it, to just go get on the plane.

So I rearranged the next 24 hours of my life to fly into an ice storm and spend 12 hours with you.

Does any of this sound familiar?

I'm not sure I know those people either. Sometimes I miss them, what they had.

But I also know it's not coming back, no matter how many times you ask.



----------------
Now playing: Kelly Willis - What Did You Think
via FoxyTunes