Oh, Friday, we meet again. It's been a whirlwind week, but in spite of that I've felt amazingly grounded. I've pulled my camera back out and I'm actually using it, at least a little, on the majority of days. I figure if it's IN my tote bag, I can more easily remember to use it. If you want to see what I'm shooting, it's going into Flickr in batches every few days.
Today I am trusting that I really will get all of the curriculum stuff pulled together for April that is looming over my head right now. I got very stuck earlier this week, but a good Kita-walk (with camera) and one conversation shook me partially loose. I have to remember that just doing the next manageable thing is what I have to do- it's not all going to happen at once.
Today I am grateful for the space I've made for creativity again. Having the camera back out helps me remember to look at things from a different perspective, or think about how I can look at something differently. That's an important life-lesson overall.
Today I am inspired by Karen Walrond. This time last year, she wrote a pretty amazing International Women's Day blog for her then 8-year-old daughter. This year's follow up is equally amazing, and worth a few minutes of time.
And, of course, it's Iditarod season, and I am deeply inspired by the mushers and their canine athletes. The leaders are currently out along the Yukon River, more than halfway to Nome.
With that, friends, have a beautiful weekend, and mush on!
Now listening: Josh Ritter "Heart's Ease" Labels: TGIF