Friday again? Somehow that seems to be the case. Somehow I made it through my first day back on service with only a couple of minor bumps, mostly a result of lack of patience on my part. I try. Really, I do. But if I'm having to repeat a request for the something that relates to the care of a patient three times, I'm likely to get snippy.
Today I am trusting that I'm finally going to be able to move a "foolish project" forward that I've been brainstorming for a year or more. The dream: To have a "stash" of donated (inexpensive) cameras that we can give to our burn survivors, ages 5-17, for them to document their first year after injury as they see fit. This just strikes me as something with a potential for so much creativity, beauty, and healing. Note: If you have an idea for camera sourcing, hook a girl up!
Today I am grateful for all that I've been able to get done the last few weeks. I've been reveling in the lack of travel over the last 6 weeks- basically, I've only been gone two nights during that time. Home has been really, really nice and it's allowed me to get more done than I even expected. And, of course, like the fool that I am I've just turned around and added more things to the list. We wouldn't want to sit still, would we? (Other than during meditation, of course).
Speaking of meditation, today I am inspired by this New York Times piece that ran a couple of weeks ago. I can't say that I love the title, but I do love the content showing that meditation instruction/ practice seems to result in greater kindness. That's something we could all use a bit more of, yes?
Now listening: JJ Grey and Mofro "This River"- if you're looking for some awesome swamp rock, these are your guys. Trust me.Labels: TGIF