Well, after a Friday off in 3-Day land (season wrap-up to follow, hopefully this weekend), I'm back for the usual Friday wrap-up. It's been a busy week, but one that I look at and feel good that I got quite a bit accomplished. I definitely hit the ground running when I got home on Monday.
Today I am trusting that I'll be able to build some weekday days "off" (or at least out of the office) into my schedule the next few weeks. I'm being a good soul and helping out clinically tomorrow. The collateral damage is that between September 1 and December 31 I'll have two full weekends that I am off and in town (neither has actually happened yet, so that's still an assumption); my last one was right after I got back from Finland. Quite frankly, that's a pretty unacceptable situation that is not going to happen again.
Today I am grateful for a thank you that landed in my email today from a former student. It was a good reminder that so many of these things that I work hard to make happen make a difference. It was also a wonderful reminder that simply caring about how I am doing what I'm doing has a huge impact on the people I'm doing it for.
Today I am inspired by a simple but brilliant idea. We are not here to do everything, but we are here to do something.
Now listening: Avett Brothers "Open-Ended Life"Labels: TGIF