Take yourself out of your mind, move out of the way or tear down the wall

Wednesday was remarkably painless since I didn't hit the office until 330 this afternoon.  Of course, I was up and walking with Livvie at 5, followed by an efficient workout since I had to be at PALS at 730...but that's a different issue.  The change was nice.

That comment about change gets to the core of something I've been pondering lately.  How do we step back from our habits, from our usual ways of doing things, and do something differently?  While I know it doesn't have to be something big, I do know that the idea of changing the routine can be...well, scary.  We do things the way that we do for a reason, right?  It's the most efficient, or the most effective, or something...that's why we do it that way.

Or maybe we just do some things because we're creatures of habit and it feels good, or normal, to us.  

How bound am I by habit?  What can I try doing differently this week, just as an experiment, to see how it works for me?  What if I discover something awesome doing so?

Suddenly, I'm pretty excited about looking for something to change, or at least to mix up a bit.  Now to figure out what that something will be...

Now Playing:  "Change is"- Ryan Bingham

Labels: